Do you have a good or bad posture? As you are reading this, how is your posture right now? Are you sitting upright? Are you slouching your back? Have you totally sunk into your chair?
Why Have A Good Posture?
There are 5 key benefits from maintaining a good posture.
1. Aids breathing: A good posture naturally enables you to breathe properly.
2. Increases concentration and thinking ability: When you are breathing properly, you increase your thinking ability too.
3. Improve your image: People with good postures look smarter and more attractive.
4. Feel even better about yourself: When you have a good posture, it helps to make you feel more self-confident, without even doing anything else different.
5. Avoid health complications: A bad posture results in several complications over time, such as increased risks of slipped disc, back aches, back pain, pressure inside your chest, poor blood circulation.
Tips to help improve
-Set reminders to check posture
-Get a massage
-Eliminate bad habits that encourage bad postures
-Get a good quality chair that has a good support system
-Get a back cushion to support whilst sitting for prolonged periods
-Ground both your feet when standing or sitting to evenly distribute weight
-Avoid carrying heavy items which you struggle with
-Complete exercises which help strengthen your back
-Get a professional examination